Set up a Portfolio Lending facility to take advantage of our discounted fixed rates.
The Portfolio Lending product is issued by Bell Potter Capital Limited (ABN 54 085 797 735 AFSL No. 360457).
Our current headline fixed prepaid rate is:
Making the decision to prepay interest
- A Bell Potter Portfolio Lending facility provides flexibility in managing your interest costs and cash flow.
- You can combine both a variable rate loan and one or more fixed rate loans in the same facility.
- Interest on fixed loans of up to 12 months is prepaid.
- Many investors choose to prepay interest during June, which provides certainty of your interest costs and the possibility of an accelerated tax deduction. Note: You should seek your own taxation advice when considering prepaying interest.
Full Rate Schedule
$0 – $249,999
$250,000 – $499,999
$500,000 – $999,999
$1,000,000 – $1,999,999
Get in touch with your adviser to discuss
Interest payments methods
There are three ways to prepay your interest on your Portfolio Lending loan:
What are the benefits of prepaying interest?
By prepaying next year’s interest on your margin loan you may be able to claim a tax deduction on some or all of your prepaid interest in this financial year. Note: You should seek your own taxation advice when considering prepaying interest.
Provide certainty over your interest rate costs for the coming financial year. Should interest rates rise, your costs do not.
By prepaying interest before June 30 2020, you won’t need to make any interest payments on your fixed loan until June 2021.
What are the risks of prepaying interest?
Choosing to fix all or part of your loan
- Interest rates may fall during the period; an opportunity cost.
- If you choose to repay a fixed loan early, your prepaid interest is not refundable.
Bell Potter offers you the ability to fix all or part of your loan – you nominate how much of your loan you would like to fix.
Why choose Bell Potter Portfolio Lending?
There are no establishment, maintenance or account keeping fees.
Borrow between 40% and 75% on over 600 approved ASX listed securities and ETF’s, as well as a range of managed funds.
Lending on over 150 approved International securities available: 70% LVR offered on approved major global companies.
Direct access to professional service and support from your designated account manager.